JBL Ektol fluid Plus 250
Remedy for mouth and fin rot in aquarium fish for 250 l
- To treat mouth and fin rot and other external bacterial infections. Dosage: 10 mi/50 l
- Dose the medication and, if necessary, re-dose on the 5th day after changing the water. Use only half dose with soft water under 8 ° dKH
- Bacterial diseases are often exacerbated by bad water values. That’s why it is advisable to check the KH, pH, ammonium and nitrite values
- JBL Online Hospital on JBL website: diagnosing ornamental fish diseases by means of pictures & experiencing treatment methods
- Package content: 1 pack with 100 ml bottle. To use: 10 ml/50 l
About 90 % of all fish diseases can be put down to a weakening of the fish’s immune system. This means the application of remedies can fight the pathogen but doesn’t generally eliminate the cause. It is therefore very important to determine the cause.
As soon as the first signs of disease become noticeable IMMEDIATE action is required. In most cases people wait too long.
These two diseases can be recognised by the fraying, rotting off and later by the complete loss of body parts through this unpleasant looking disease. By adding JBL Ektol fluid Plus 125 or JBL Ektol fluid Plus 250 the disease can be stopped quickly and the fish is able to completely regenerate the body parts affected. To build up sufficient energy reserves for the fish we recommend adding a vitamin product to the food twice a week.
Mouth or fin rot is caused by water quality problems, even if the pathogen is of a bacterial nature. The causative bacteria of the Aeromonas and Pseudomonas group reproduce in the aquarium very quickly if the water quality is not right. To combat the diseases permanently not only the right remedy but also an improvement of the water quality is necessary. The most important measure is the regular water change. Also the use of a UV-C clarifier will help to reduce the bacterial germ load in the aquarium and to improve the living conditions of the fish.The most important values, which need to be checked and if necessary optimised, are: carbonate hardness (KH), pH (pH value), ammonium (NH4)/ammonia (NH3) and nitrite (NO2). All you need to know about these water values and how to improve them are to be found in the water analysis online laboratory. In addition we advise the regular, thorough cleaning of the filter.