Dymax IQ3 Classic Black Pico Aquarium
The Dymax iQ3 is a beautiful desk or tabletop aquarium, coming complete with LED lighting and an integrated filtration system. Manufactured from 0.6cm acrylic, it is stronger and safer than a similar-sized glass aquarium.
- At only 220 x 170 x 220mm in dimensions, this truly minute aquarium is designed with a fully integrated filter system consisting of a fine polishing pad and course biological filter sponge. The entire filtration system is hidden behind a built-in black acrylic divider.
- The filtered water is returned to the display area via a compact, silent pump with an adjustable flow rate of 200 to 300 l/h, through a small duckbill shaped return nozzle that creates a gentle water flow
- The pump, although small, consumes only 5w of power
- The iQ3 comes complete with the slime-line Robot LED system consisting of 28 dimmable LED chips, utilizing only 1.6w of power
- This lighting unit is very easy to attach to the aquarium and, being mounted on a gooseneck, is fully adjustable with regards to direction and angle.
- Although this lighting is perfect for a freshwater system, it would need to be supplemented with extra lighting should one wish to use it as a pico reef tank
- This aquarium, due to its size, is recommended only for tiny, nano fish, shrimps, and plants. If utilized as a pico reef, only small invertebrates and tiny corals are recommended.
The iQ3 comes complete with the Robot LED system, which is quite a slick little unit that’s easy to attach to the aquarium and is fully dimmable. The light is bendable into any position and contains 28 LEDs, but demanding a total power consumption of just 1.6w.
To the human eye, the light is bright and provides uniform illumination for the aquarium.